To take print wirelessly from a PC, Smartphone, Android or Tablet, Connect your Printer to a Local Wi-Fi Network.
Here you have given the step by step process. Kindly, follow the in-detailed steps to connect your Printer to the Wireless local network.
Step 1: Connect the Printer to the Wi-Fi local network:
First connect your Computer or the Mobile to the Wireless local network connection. Next, connect the Printer to the same wireless local network as your Computer or the mobile is connected to.
- Your first and the foremost job is to click the Cancel button if you receive any message stating you to Enter the WPS pin for your Printer.
- Then, continue to place your Printer near the Wi-Fi router.
- Next, Turn on the Printer and then ensure once whether the ink cartridges are installed and the enough white plain paper is loaded in the main paper tray.
- Last but not least, now connect the Printer to the local network.
Follow the points given below for the printers with a Touch screen Control Panel to enable the Wi-Fi option:
- On your Printer’s Control Panel, select the Restore Network Settings or Restore Settings option from the Wireless menu option.
- Then, collect the local network name (SSID) and the password display on the control panel.
- Lastly, select the Wireless Setup Wizard from the Wireless or the Network Setup menu and then select the network name and enter the password.
Follow the points to get connected with the Wireless connection for the Printers without the Touch screen Control Panel:
- Firstly, press and hold the wireless button for five seconds till the light on the Printer starts blinking.
- Now press and hold the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) on the router till the connection process begins.
- Then, confirm your connection when the light on the Printer stops flashing.
The points listed below for the Router doesn’t have WPS (Wireless Protected Setup) button:
- Firstly, Download and Install the Smart app for your Android and iOS if you are using and then prepare for the wireless network connection
- Next, Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel button together at a same time till the Wireless and the Power lights blink.
- Lastly, within the two hours of gap you have to add the Printer and set up the Wireless connection.
How to troubleshoot the Wi- Fi connection?
If your Computer system is not able to detect the Printer over a Wi-Fi connection, then restart the Printer, Computer and the router. Turn off the printer and disconnect the Printer’s power cord from the Printer. Next, turn off the Computer and reconnect the power cord to the Printer and then power on the Printer. Then, disconnect and reconnect the power cord from the Wireless Router after ten seconds. Turn on your Computer and now the Printer and the network are ready to make a new connection.
Step 2: Connect your Printer to your Mobile or Computer:
Firstly, Install the Smart app to complete the Printer connection. Then, follow the points as listed below.
- First, ensure whether or not the Mobile or Computer is Connected to your Local Wireless Network.
- Check the available Active network signal.
- On your Mobile browser or the Windows browser, Search for the Smart application software.
- Then, enter your Printer model name and then hit download.
- Wait for a few seconds until the downloading process is completed.
- Download the Smart app to your Mobile or the Computer system.
- Open the downloaded Smart app software and follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- Now, start for setting up a Wireless connection.
- If required the PIN and password, enter the PIN found in the Printer and the password during setup.